The town of Aurora is located approximately 20 km north of Toronto, in the York Region area. It is located on the Oak Ridges Moraine, however it also lies within the borders of the Greater Toronto Area and Golden Horseshoe of Southern Ontario. It was in 1793 when Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe extended Yonge Street, giving way for the establishment of the community of Aurora.
Richard Machell was the first businessman who opened his store at the Yonge Street and Wellington Street named Machell's Corners.
With the development and extension of railway services in 1853, Aurora became an important commercial and industrial Town.
In 1863, the population of Aurora was 700, and by 1888 it became a community of 2,107 residents. The population has since grown to over 53,000.
The first school was built by John Merritt, and was named after a famous Doctor in the Town of Aurora G. W. Williams. The school is still open.
Aurora Grove Real Estate:
Here we find more expensive townhomes on Chapman court, and detached bungalows in Deerglen Terrace. Semi detached homes are found mostly on Primeau Drive, while detached homes and townhomes can be found on Stone Road.